Saturday, April 19, 2008

Sunny Saturday

After a week of "regular" work with the addition of report cards on top of that, Friday afternoon couldn't come fast enough. Kevin managed to make it out of DC at an early hour and arrived back here to the beach in time to join myself and another couple for drinks and a leisurely (3 hour) dinner at Catch 31. That was enough for both of us and we both crashed by 10pm. Yeah. We're real party people.

I slept in till 7:30 (woohoo!) and then did nothing for the next two hours or so, before noticing that the Spring Craft Show was in town this weekend. The promise of shopping, in whatever form, was enough to spur me into action. I wasn't expecting to really find anything, but it turned out to be a really productive trip. I got my sister's birthday gift, which I'll hold till June. And an 8x10 print that Kevin and I both fell in love with on the spot. Well, actually, we fell in love with an original painted on velvet for $245. That being just slightly out of our range, we settled on the reproduction. No idea where I'm going to put it, but I figure somewhere in the new house is the perfect spot. And for $10, I couldn't pass it up.

That was followed by a quick stop back at home for lunch, then out to run a few more weekend errands.

Nothing spectacular, but a nice day nonetheless.

No comments: